Saturday, September 20, 2008

An American Girl....



My little American Girl got to go to the American Girl store in Dallas! She LOVED it! We evacuated to Dallas during Ike and decided to vacation while we were there. Grace has been wanting to go to the American Gril store for her 9th Birthday (not sure why 9th since she will be celebrating her 8th in November)ever since she saw the Jon and Kate Plus 8 episode where they went. She was so excited. Thanks to Cheri I had a doll to give her and we got a little shirt for her and her doll there. We also got to sit at the desert bar and have sodas and cookies. Grace was so proud. She decided to name her doll Annie because she has red hair. My childhood friend, Debbie, went with us and it was really neat to have someone that I played dolls with sitting with me, my little girl and her doll. It was a great experience and I hope we get to go again one day.


4 comments:

Cassidy said...

What fun Grace! I can't wait until my girlies are old enough to go to the American girl store.Have fun with Annie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace!
I am so excited you got to go the American Girl store! Shelby went there for her 9th birhtday, too!! :)
You look so happy in the pictures....
You are SO loved,
Ali D.

Anonymous said...

I was just told about Grace's surgery and her blog. I will be praying for her and your family this week. Hope all goes as planned unlike the bike ride.

Jen Eller

Anonymous said...

Grace, I think your doll is almost as pretty as you! (But not quite!) I am glad you had a fun trip. Maybe I can meet Annie one of these days. We will be praying for you for your surgery and we already have a little surprise for you for when we come to visit you. You can look forward to that! Take good care of your Mommy & Daddy for us and we'll see you soon!
Love, Miss Denise (and Mr. Josh, Hannah & Grant)