Sunday, November 2, 2008

A fresh week...

I look forward to Monday mornings- they are so full of hope! I know that is not the normal response to Mondays but I usually start the week with a list of things to do. In my current profession of motherhood, much of what I do is mundane so I think of ways to improve it or change it up a bit. So when I think about Monday I get motivated and hopeful that this may just be the week, "I have it together". Let me assure you that when I still feel that way on a Friday you and the rest of the world will know it- I will be throwing a party in celebration. So far, I haven't made it past Monday. I am only 34 so I have time, right? This week should be exciting. It is full of birthdays! Caroline turned 2 today, Grace will be 8 on Thursday and my mom will celebrate her birthday on Friday (she wouldn't be happy if I put her age)! I have some cute pics of Caroline to post but my laptop is having issues tonight. Check back and I will hopefully have them posted tomorrow on our family site www.rothtx.blogspot.com.

This past week will NOT go down as a family favorite. I am all about making memories and having traditions for our family but some days and moments I hope they never think about again! We are still having leadership issues around here in the ranks of the little ones. "Just be nice", is a frequent saying through out our days as is "change your color", "go to your room", and some "arg" growling. The other day in frustration I gritted my teeth and groaned not very lady like I know. Anyways, Judd turned to me and said, "Mommy, you need to use your words". That too is a frequent quote around this house I just hadn't been on the receiving end of it before. I was glad to know that they at least listen and understand it. If you know where I can buy some patience I need some - I seem to be struggling with most of the fruits lately!

Grace aka, as she referred to herself today, the birthday girls' sister, is in the full swing of things with therapy and her activities. Our calendar if very full with just her stuff. My planning skills are really being stretched to get it all in these days. On top of that, I think she may be sneaking off to drama classes too. She seems to be creating drama and reacting dramatically to things. She is just beside herself with the smallest trigger and when she gets that way it is not pretty to say the least. Caroline evidently snuck out to drama class too in preparation for turning two and when you get them unhappy at the same time it is loud! I may need to get some earplugs for around the house just to hear myself think. Grace's trach is doing well. I think her body has adapted nicely to the new airway, her monitors have not gone off the last 5 nights in a row. We are going back to see the ENT on Tuesday so I am anxious to know what he thinks about that tad of information. She seems to be breathing well at night. That just reassures us the trach is temporary and that she is safe with the flap. Her speech is somewhat better, certainly stronger but I still don't think "average Joe" would understand her name and phone number should she get lost and she is a wanderer. Hopefully by her next birthday her and Joe will be chatting about all sort of things and he will understand it all! Check back later in the week for birthday pics. Blessings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, Grace, will you please give Caroline a Happy Birthday hug and some sugars from me? Secondly, Happy Almost Birthday to you! I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well! And how in the world does Mommy expect you to rule the world if you don't pratice your drama skills on her? I can't wait to see new pics! Have a great week and tell Mommy she is my hero!

Love ya,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

SO good to read a new entry! Bridge, I cherish you....you are amazing and I am so thankful for you in my life. Ask your honey to give you a hug from me...
Loving you,
Ali

Danel said...

Happy Birthday Roth girls! I can't believe 8 and 2???!!!
I know that this time of year tends to get crazy anyway, but I hope that things calm down for you. We have to find out who is running this drama class because I think Sean has been a frequent participant lately...yesterday at his surgery was a prime example. Thanks for the update and we love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gracie Girl,
So glad to read an update, I can
just imagine how busy, you, Carolyn & Judd are keeping your Mommy busy.
Aunt Darlene is going to have to wish Carolyn & you both a Very Happy Birthday on your Blog. Will explain to you later, why I am shut up in the house this week and can't get out to mail you a card.
But remember I love you all. Be a
big girl, now that you are turning 8 and help your Mommy, so
she can rest.
Love You Bunches!
Aunt Darlene

Cassidy said...

Happy Birthday week to the Roth Girls! Have lots of fun and eat lots of cake:) I think my Caroline might be meeting up with you and your Caroline at these drama classes. I want to come next time:)
Bridget, I too look forward to Mondays, nothing like a fresh start.
Love, Cass

Anonymous said...

Inspirational - Kim Australia.... big hi from Jake (Kabuki Kid) Australia almost 13 you can talk to me anytime through your Mums support group