Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to me.....

Hello everyone, its me Gracie! After seeing that baby from the ETrade commercials working a laptop I thought I would give it a try. Its actually not that hard.

I saw the doctor Tuesday and got a great report but I'll let mommy update you with the details as she is much better at it than me. (She will be pretty shocked to see that I was able to get on here and update my blog! Can't wait to see her face.) I'm here today because its my 8th birthday and I have a gift on my mind.

So mommy, I want to thank you for taking care of and fighting so hard for me over the past eight years. You have been my biggest fan and supporter and allowed me to come so far during that time. Thank you for the countless trips to the doctor's offices, the many trips to therapy, the long, exhaustive phone calls with the insurance companies and all the other major sacrifices you have made in order to give me the best chance to succeed in life. I know all of those things are important, but even without them, I know that just having you as my mommy would be enough. (Oh and daddy mentioned something about you making him a better person too) You are an awesome mommy to me, Judd and Caroline and we love you so much for it. I know I am not always on my best behavior and can create a great deal of frustration for you. I'm sorry for that but one day I will be able to better express myself thanks to all of your efforts.

So, that gift on my mind, well, its for you. You know how I like paying for things since Mr. Ben and Mrs. Alice gave me that Pappasitto's credit card? Well, I hopped on the web and booked you a little getaway for later this month. You deserve that and so much more. I hope its a relaxing week for you. I know it will be a fun one for us watching daddy play Mr. Mom. : ) You can find the tickets in my cubby next to my crayons.

Happy Birthday to me! You are the greatest gift I could ever ask for! I love you.

By the way, to everyone posting on my blog, thank you for all the sweet messages. They have and continue to encourage me a great deal.


Bon Voyage!

Gracie

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grace Ellen!!! I hope you have the best day ever! (Can't wait to hear how excited mommy will be about her big suprise!).
Tell your daddy I love him and think he's the best daddy, husband, and brother in the world! :)

Love, Aunt Sheri

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy 8th Birthday, Grace!!! I hope this year is just so full of wonderful things for you!!! You shine brighter every day!
Love from the Mikeska family...
Ray, Maureen & Andrew

Anonymous said...

Love it! How awesome and couldn't happen to a more deserving person!!

Anonymous said...

I got so carried away with the cruise that I forgot to wish my favorite Princess a Happy 8th Birthday.

Love you,
Gran-Bubbie

Anonymous said...

Gracie,
Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe you're already eight years old. I hope you have the best b-day ever. Tell your mommy and daddy that I think they also do an amazing job and deserve every good thing that happens to them...

Also ask Aunt Sheri why she said your daddy is the THE best daddy and husband in the world???? (I'll try to remember to ask about that one, too)

I love you,
Uncle Troy

Anonymous said...

Happy BIRTHDAY Grace I know you are excited save paw paw a piece of cake Ilove you see you soon paw paw Roth

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grace!! It's TinkerBell! All of my fairy friends said to tell you Happy Birthday! I hope your day is flitterific!! Tell Judd hello - I hear he likes my movie!! I love you Grace and you are an awesome 8-year-old and my favorite pixie pal!! Love, Tink

Anonymous said...

Oh, helloooo, Grace!! It's Ariel - All of the Disney Princesses wish you a delightfully royal birthday!! I hope your birthday is full of magical surprises and delicious chili!! We princesses always eat chili on our birthday! It's a princess thing! Love you, Grace!! Love, Ariel (p.s. Your hair is as shiny as a seashell!)

Danel said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!!!!
What an awesome gift to give your mommy...and you are right...she is the best!I can't wait for you to tell me all the details. Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grace!!! I am so excited that you are turning 8 today! That is quite an accomplishment. :) We are looking forward to celebrating with you soon. I think you gave a fabulous present to your Mommy and I agree with you that she is an AWESOME mom!

Love, Ms. Denise

P.S. BTW, my birthday is June 9 and I think cruises are great....

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace its Ryan. I hope you have a "Happy Birthday". I hope that next time I come over we can play with your awesom cool presents.
Your best friend Ryan brock

Anonymous said...

Gracie, Papa Dave wishes you a very happy 8th B'Day. Thank you for having me and GranDonna over to share your cake. We Love YOU so very much. Papa Dave

Cassidy said...

Happy Birthday Grace!!! I hope you had a wonderful day. You are so old:)!! Love, Caroline Joy

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the post!
Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Grace! Trust me, you don't want me to sing to you. I hope it was great and all of your wishes come true!
I have to tell you that when I read your message to your mommy, I had tears in my eyes. You have amazing typing skills and are so elequent with your words-did you have help? Haha! Tell daddy, good job!
God bless you Gracie and tell mommy and daddy, they are lucky to have such a beautiful family!

Love always,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!

Wow! What a wonderful gift to give your Mommy on YOUR Birthday! That is truly gracious. ;) Your mommy is awesome and she deserves it. Tell her to wear sunscreen and send us a postcard in California. We miss you and love you all!

Hadley's mommy

Anonymous said...

Hi Gracie!
Shelby loved talking to you on your 8th birthday!! I cannot believe you are 8! WOW!! Now you are an even BIGGER big sister!! ha ha...
Those beautiful words you wrote about your mommy brought "happy" tears to my eyes. You do have the best mommy and daddy. Your daddy is so awesome as I am sure he helped you make those fancy plans for your mommy!! You are one blessed little girl...
Love you,
Ms. Ali