Friday, October 3, 2008

There's no place like home...


We are home! I would like to say we got out early for good behavior but there are too many other kids still up there that would love to be home tonight! I am sure we will never, this side of heaven, understand all the whys we have but I do know that it has so much more to do with God's plan in this life than our own. As we were driving home D and I were talking about the original surgery plan. Had we done that- tonight would have been our first night out of ICU and Grace would have just woken up yesterday from before the surgery- and here we are at home! We are just in awe and so thankful. We have had such an amazing experience and been the recipients of so much love and generosity we are speechless or in this case typeless!

On our way home today Grace says, "Wait! We forgot to give this (pointing to trach) back to the doctors". D replies with "Uhhhhhhhh, mommy?". Being that there was just the 3 of us in the truck it was obvious he had just passed it off to me. So I told her we could just give it to them when we see them in a few months. And that was it. No protest, no negotiating, just an okay! I guess she got her concept of time from me because I know we had already covered that on numerous occasions!

Tonight Grace threw herself a welcome home party and the Weavers played along by dropping off cake! There was no denying her a party after Judd and Caroline saw the cake! The Roth's celebrated just being at home with each other but wow are the grown ups exhausted! This next week will be hectic getting therapy, nursing care and home bound school stuff arranged but we are excited to be progressing so well!

It is FABULOUS to be home and it is so true, there is no place like home!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roth Family!!!
I am so happy you are sleeping in your own beds tonight! I can't wait to come help out next week. My heart rejoices alongside of you....Our God is so awesome and He is continuing the good work He has started in ALL of you!!
Loving you,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Whoop-eeee! Our Gracie-girl is a Super-Star Patient! Many, many congratulations on such a smooth & speedy recovery, Dear One. I am sooo happy for you & the whole family.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Police.
Police Who?
Police stop telling these awful knock, knock jokes!

OK! I’ll save you from anymore of these goofy jokes.

And I eagerly look forward to reading more of the "Astonishing Adventures of Our Amazing Grace", Chapter 2-Home at Last.

Hugs,
Aunt Lynnette

Anonymous said...

What great news! I am relieved it went so smoothly! You all are awesome. God is so good!
Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Dear Roth Family,

To God be the glory!

Please let me know when I can come by for a short visit.

Love, Mrs. Schueler

Danel said...

YEAH!!!!! So glad to hear the good news.
I would love to think Mommy and Daddy are still in bed catching up on some sleep, but I doubt that with excited little ones at home. Welcome home Gracie!!!
We are going to continue to pray for smooth transitions and easy living.
Love you guys-
The Taylor's

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! We are so blessed with the joys of this amazing journey. I feel it will continue and you guys, D & B, are definately the foundation for such goodness to happen. Grace, I am so proud of you and your continuous work to do everything it takes to be the best you can be. Love to all, and happy homecoming!!! Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!! We are so blessed with the joys of this amazing journey. I feel it will continue and you guys, D & B, are definately the foundation for such goodness to happen. Grace, I am so proud of you and your continuous work to do everything it takes to be the best you can be. Love to all, and happy homecoming!!! Love, Nana

Cahills said...

P-A-R-T-WHY? CUZ WE GOTTA FOR GRACE!!! Congrats on such a smooth week and being HOME!!! Cannot wait to come see you!! Love you! Amber

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! HOME!!! Wow -- that is wonderful news!! We are so happy for all of you!! God is soo good -- all the time! We can't wait to see you guys!
Love you!
The Wolfe Pack

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Roth gang! I love you guys and continue to pray for a speedy recovery! I hope you are having fun playing with your own toys and sleeping in your own house Gracie!

Love, Aunt Sheri

Anonymous said...

Yeah Gracie!! What a blessing to be home! We can't wait to see you...Peyton misses you!

Love ya!
The Richardson's

Nancy said...

Praise God!

Anonymous said...

What a miracle you are, Grace. Your whole life has been a tribute to our awesome God!
Love,
Amy L.

Cassidy said...

YAY! How exciting that you have been home all weekend! Thas is such WONDERFUL news!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME GRACIE!!!
And your cake looks SO YUMMY!!!