Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ouch!!! Sometimes the truth hurts...

I originally posted this because it was too large of a file to email to our speech therapist but then I had a few thoughts about it...this is Grace talking to us prior to going into surgery. For those of you who haven't gotten to visit with or talk to Grace one on one watching and listening to this video lets you know what we mean when we say she has a speech impairment. So for curious minds now you have heard it. I would love NOTHING more than to tell you now post surgery you could understand 100% of what she says. I would even be delighted with 70% but that isn't the case. Her speech isn't that much better despite the drama of the surgery and the last few months. As much as it breaks my heart to admit that - it is true. No matter how much I wish the outcome was successful, I need to accept it wasn't. I am struggling with the knowledge that God is able to fix this and He has choosen not to. The "why" of it all can really frustrate me. I know that He loves her even more than we do and He has a plan for her life. He knows every hair on her head and every thought she has even before she utters a word. Knowing that as truth - may just be the only answer as to "why" I ever get.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bridge,
Your brutal honesty is beautiful. I am so proud of you and D. Beyond words....I am so honored to be your friend and to walk with you in this journey of life. I have no words to say to respond to what you wrote other than just to say how loved and respected your family is to so many. Your children are so blessed to have you as their mother. I pray you always know that...
You are so loved,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Bridget..and D...I love you guys deeply. As hard as it must be, know that you took the leap of faith to put Gracie and you through it. That alone stood for mounatins to us. We love you all so much and wouldn't trade what we have learned throgh Gracie's life for anything in the world!! Our God is an awesome GOD and put you in your place as Grace Ellen's parents for His reason.
Sheri

P.S. We don't need a video..we can tell a difference over the phone! :)

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Bridget and Darrell,

Grace is so very blessed that she has you for parents. I love and am so proud of both of you.

Grace is a precious little girl that has been given some challenges, but at least we still have her and we are blessed
with what she does have to offer. Everyone that knows her, loves her. Her sweet smile and hugs melts every one's hearts.
Just think of how many hearts she has touch in just the short time that she has been here. After all she even has a song named after her.."Amazing Grace" or "Amazing Me" as she likes to sing it. :)

Love,
Grandonna

Anonymous said...

Gracie,

How are you love? I hope awesome. I know you have started school again and you are probably about to go on summer vacation. I just want you to know that I think about you all the time and you are in my heart and my prayers. I'm having another little boy. I need a name. If you think of anything please let me know. Just not bowbow or anything like that. I pray that your family is doing well. I know Judd is getting big and Caroline is probably using the potty now. Tell mom and dad hello. Miss you.

Much Love,
Mrs. Brittany